ENERGY STAR certified HPE MSA 2040 is a high-performance storage array designed for entry level Hewlett Packard Enterprise customers desiring 8Gb/16Gb Fibre Channel, 1GbE/10GbE iSCSI, or 12Gb SAS connectivity with 4 host ports per controller. The MSA 2040 Storage array provides an excellent value for customers needing performance balanced with price to support initiatives such as consolidation and virtualization.
The MSA 2040 delivers this performance by offering:
• High performance controller architecture
• 6GB cache per controller (Data (Read/Write) cache = 4GB and Metadata and System OS memory = 2GB)
• Four host ports per controller
• Support for SSDs, Enterprise SAS HDDs, Midline SAS HDDs, and Self Encrypting Drives
• SAN and SAS interfaces
• Up to four (4) host ports per controller
• Two new MSA 2040 Controllers:
- MSA 2040 SAN Controller
-- 8Gb/16Gb FC connectivity and/or
-- 1GbE/10GbE iSCSI connectivity
- MSA 2040 SAS Controller
-- 6Gb/12Gb SAS connectivity (MSA 2040 SAS controllers require mini-SAS HD cables)
The HPE MSA 2040 Storage ships standard with a license for 64 snapshots for increased data protection. There is also an optional license for 512 snapshots. The HPE MSA 2040 can also replicate data between arrays (P2000 G3, MSA 1040 SAN and/or MSA 2040 SAN Model only using FC or iSCSI protocol) with the optional Remote Snap feature.